Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crockpot Tinfoil Dinner



I was trying to throw something together for dinner tonight. I had a few things in my fridge that I needed to clean out and this is what I came up with. I was a little worried it was going to be a flop, but it tasted great I don't love frozen beans, but in the crockpot they turned out nice. The meal reminded me of a tinfoil dinner.

Crockpot Tinfoil dinner

1 lb ground beef cooked
5 small potatoes washed and cut up (skins on)
1 package Lipton beefy onion soup mix
1 lb package baby carrots cut up
1 cup celery cut up
1/2 bag frozen beans
salt (I like lots of salt)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

How much water did you add. This would be great to finish up our leftover veggies from beef stew!

Kim said...

I didn't really add any liquid. I had a little liquid in with my beans because they were left over, my celery was frozen and my potatoes had just been washed. Maybe put in 1/4 cup. Let me know what you try and how it works.

Jennifer Kendall said...

Sounds so yummy, looks yummy, too!
I love reading about all of the deals that you are finding, you are a maniac. Maddy sounds so cute, dumping out cereal is so funny!!
Miss you-

The Hansens said...

Looks better than the squash creation we had tonight! I just have to try to make something out of everything.