Saturday, August 30, 2008

A good Reminder

This week our FHE focused on Prayer:what we say when we pray, how we pray, all the things we can pray for. We read a story about a little girl in the friend who was frightened and decided to pray. We talked about how we can pray if we are sad or happy. Later in the week, Madison was sad and I was trying to console her. Katie walked right up to her and said, "It's ok Madi, Jesus will help you." I'm so glad that I have the gospel to teach my children.
In preparation for a talk I have to give tomorrow I was reading through some of the talks from April's conference. Elder L. Tom Perry said, "I believe that if we could create in our minds a clear and true picture of eternal life, we would start behaving differently. We would not need to be prodded to do the many things involved with enduring to the end, like doing our home teaching or visiting teaching, attending our meetings, going to the temple, living moral lives, saying our prayers, or reading the scriptures. We would want to do all these things and more because we realize they will prepare us to go somewhere we yearn to go." Sometimes I have to be prodded. I think if my scriptures looked to me like my messy house did, maybe I would read them more often!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is a great reminder- I am terrible when it comes to my scriptures-- especially this summer I became a huge slacker! We haven't even read family scriptures since May! Don't tell anyone- we are awful!
I did, however bear my testimony today in Sacrament- we brought our friend, and it was actually a very short and sweet testimony, and I felt okay about it- usually I just get up there and begin rambling, which is why it has been about 16 months since the last time!! It was good, though.
Thanks for the gentle reminder, and our kids are more into the gospel than we think sometimes! Way to go Lovejoy girls!!

Robin said...

That's a great quote. I get distracted very easily and need to keep this in mind.
I'm sure you did a great job on your talk!

wendy said...

You are so sweet kim. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love your blog and was excited that your yard is almost done and your family looks so happy. Tell Peter and the kids hello.