Saturday, August 23, 2008

I want to be a vampire

So I've been reading the latest book in the Twilight series: Breaking Dawn and I've decided that I want to be a vampire. According to Stephenie Meyer's account of vampires, they don't need to sleep and my list just doesn't end of things that I could be doing instead of sleeping. Today I was able to attend a Super Saturday for our ward. It was a lot of fun to get to know a few people a little better. While I was gone Peter headed to his parents with the girls so that they could have fun with their cousins and so he could work on a project he is designing to get his office more organized. I'll try to include pictures of it later. They ended up staying at grandma's longer than planned and I had 3 hours of time at home to get what I wished was tons of stuff done. While I did do all of the laundry (at least the washing and drying part), I mopped the bathrooms, organized FHE for the week, and updated our budget, there are still a million more things I need to get done. I'm trying to Treasure the doing a little bit more and the getting done a little less.

5 comments:

Sarah and Troy said...

This doesn't have anything to do with vampires but I thought you and Peter might want to know that some men in the ward had a Menrichment. They're calling it Manrichment instead which Troy thinks is stupid. They tried to make it sound original but he made sure they knew Peter coined the term. Did you like the book?

Heather A said...

I know the feeling. We have been in this house for a month now. Why aren't all of the boxes unpacked and why isn't everything organized yet? I was gone for 1 1/2 weeks, but still you would think I could have accomplished a little more. That's life, I guess. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Sure do miss you! Wish you were close enough to visit.

Kelly said...

Hey! I loved the book, did you?! I want to be a vampire so I can sparkle! My friend in Utah and her girlfriends all had shirts made that were black and in silver it said, "Real men sparkle"- they wore them to the book opening night! I want that!
I would love the superpowers they possess too- my house is a wreck. School starts Tuesday- I am holding out till WEds to start cleaning.
Dana got called as YM President today- whoo hoo- whatever...HPGL to this- wow- I am still RS Instructor- once a month, I am good. Hope all is well!

Kim said...

The book was great, despite some reviews I read on the internet. The book didn't really hook me in until about half way though. There really isn't anything about a vampire that I think I wouldn't like. I'd just try to be the vegetarian kind!

Kristen said...

it is always nice to have time to yourself- hence why i treasure nap time- but today it is spent blogging instead of getting other things done around my house.