Sunday, November 23, 2008

I hate sickness

So we've been pretty non-existent from everywhere lately. It seems like someone has a fever, yucky nose, pink eye or needs a handful of trips to the bathroom each hour quite often for the past week. But we are hoping that we are on the mend. I was loving Colorado and how my kids seemed to be able to get better all on their own without a trip to the doctor. Well, we managed to not have to go to the doctor thanks to some eye drops from a friend and we are hoping to enjoy more friends and outings for the holiday break. My goal for my kids this week is for only one of them to wake me up one time in the middle of the night. One night this week I think I slept an hour-not in one session either. I have had less sleep than I do when I have an infant.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so sorry for all the 'yuck' i nyour house! what a good mom you are - you have to be tired. i know you're on the mend but can i do anything?

Berly said...

YUCK!! I am so sorry. I hate when the kids are sick. You feel so bad for them and it is so hard because you are so tired. I hope you get some sleep soon.

Kayce Johnson said...

Sorry to hear that you are all sick. I'd bring you dinner if I could. I hope that the fam is better so that you can all enjoy your turkey.

The Hansens said...

Some days you just have to put in a disney and hope for the best! Good luck. hopefully you've got it all over with and can enjoy the holidays!

Jennifer Kendall said...

Tis the season, right? Even here in our 75 degree weather it seems like people are sick everywhere- luckily we are staying home and hoping to avoid it for as long as possible!!I hope you all recover well! Good luck.

Michael said...

I'm sorry that everyone's been sick. I don't know if you remember this, but it seemed like someone in our family was always sick for thanksgiving or Christmas (or both) almost every year when we were younger. Well, I thought I was the only lucky one to get sick this year, but it sounds like you've had your fair share as well...

Whitney said...

Hope you are feeling better. To be honest it makes me not feel so bad because we've been going through the same thing. I start to think we are all desperate for sleep, and that sick kids are waking me up more times in the night than an infant would too. I start to think we're doing something wrong sometimes, but I think it's just that we've been sick for an extended period of time. Hope you are feeling better.