Thursday, January 1, 2009

How many kids are you going to have?

The other day Hannah and I were chatting while Katie and Madison were asleep. Our conversation went something like this...

Hannah: "Did Anna's mom have to go the hospital to have her baby taken out"
Kim: "Yes"
Hannah: "I'm not going to have any kids. Maybe Katie will want to have some kids"

Just 2 weeks prior Hannah told me she was going to have 5 or 6 girls when she was a mom. I wondered why she had had a change of heart in about 2 weeks time, so I asked Why. Hannah told me she wasn't going to have any kids because then she would have to go to the hospital. She truly is my child==I try to avoid/get out of any pain as quickly as possible. Maybe she will be blessed like me and have what I consider to be relatively easy deliveries. I'm grateful my pain tolerance goes up during that time in my life.

7 comments:

The Hansens said...

I told my mom for 18 years I wasn't going to have kids for the same reason. I understand you Hannah-

Kristen said...

Funny- Well at least she has many years to decide.

Hans and Michelle said...

I hear her. No fun to have to be at the hospital. I think she has exceptional reasoning skills.

Unknown said...

smart girl! we love her!

Liz Wilcken said...

Thought you might like to check out my friend's blog. She's SUPER frugal and knows how to coupon better than anyone else I know. Her blog is just about where the deals are. Check it out from my blog under my fav. business blogs "the frugal house."

Liz Wilcken said...

It's a little tykes (tikes?) camera. :)

Nguyen Family said...

Hey Kim!! I've been looking for your blog for forever and finally found it! Hannah is too funny! The kids are adorable (and have grown so much!) We miss you guys in Ohio.