Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thin Mint Cookies



Yesterday we made homemade thin mint cookies. They remind me of the girlscout cookies. You just take Ritz crackers-or the cheaper store brand version and dip them in melted bark chocolate that has a few drops of mint extract (It is not an exact science. You'll just have to taste it.) One year I tried to get fancy and drizzle some white chocolate in stripes over it. I thought it was way too much work. This year we tried sprinkles on top, but we needed different sprinkles-ours were too see through. These are definitely a favorite.

We also made peanut butter balls but all of them were eaten before I took a picture. I have some of the balls that are not dipped in chocolate yet, so I'll take a picture when we get around to dipping them. Here is the recipe for those. What a great way to use some of those Rice Krispies we are stocked up on.

RICE KRISPIES PEANUT BUTTER BALLS 
2 c. peanut butter
1 stick butter, melted
1 (1 lb.) powdered sugar
3 c. Rice Krispies
1 lb. chocolate, melted (suggested Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate bits)
Mix first 4 ingredients; roll into balls; dip into chocolate.

We had a great morning before church today. Everyone was very cooperative. Hannah even picked out her own Matching Outfit. Yeahh!!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that picture of you and your girls!

Liz Wilcken said...

I love it too! You have such a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

this is a BEAUTIFUL photo of you..ok the kids too! And the thin mints, we might have to do some of those for Christmas :)

Trinette Hayslip said...

Yum! I love thin mints. Thanks for the idea!
PS: you can make the pictures bigger by clicking on them.

Jennifer Kendall said...

You girls look so beautiful.
Thanks for the recipes... I was actually going to email you and ask for the mint one!